I got this outfit at the consignment sale for $3. It was blank, so I added a monogram. Can't beat that!
Next, I appliqued a blank onesie that I had on hand. I love this applique, but I'm not sure...it may have turned out looking more like a popcorn bucket than a beach pail - ha!
Who could resist making a matching seersucker diaper cover!?!? I found the free pattern and tutorial on how to do this at THIS SITE. So easy - so cute!
Here's the set:
After that, I decided that I must resist making any more clothes for Miles, because I am reminded by THIS POST, and by the boxes I pulled out of the attic the other day, that I DO NOT NEED any more baby clothes! However, the previously mentioned post also reminded me that I DID, in fact, need more of burp cloths, so I got to work! I use THIS TUTORIAL to help me get started when making my burp cloths.
On this one, I figured out how to use my serger to cut off the raggedy edge of the burp cloth and make a nice, clean, finished edge. I like the way it turned out, and it's WAY easier than adding fabric!
We are fully prepared for a war against spit up now :-) I can't wait to hold Miles in my arms - although there is still much to do before he comes. More on that later.








2 comments:
You're good girl!
So how do you do the fabric on the bottom of the burp cloth? The ones I get are already finished at the bottom, but I like the look of the fabric on some of them.
I've done different things, but for these I just folded the edges of a piece of fabric under and topstitched it. Here's a tutorial I found to get me started - http://www.crapivemade.com/2009/05/boutique-style-burp-cloth-tutorial.html
Post a Comment