Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Target Chaos

I feel like I have been portraying our life as a little more perfect than it is in reality - especially lately. I love our life, and I really enjoy capturing and sharing the special moments for the blog, but I feel like I should be transparent every once in a while as well. So here you go - motherhood transparency...

I needed to buy some shorts that fit my post-pregnancy body. It's HOT outside, and all I had were some full panel maternity shorts. I also needed a few other odds and ends. I thought that I'd take the boys with me to Target since I had a very short list - it seemed do-able.

Not 10 feet past the front doors of Target, Miles started screaming and Carter started asking for a sucker. I gave Carter some crackers and his sippy cup, and I tried to give Miles his paci. Miles loves his paci but cannot keep it in his mouth for the life of him. I decided to hold him. Trying to steer a shopping cart with a 33 lb. toddler and infant carrier inside it is very difficult. I looked like a crazy person. I hadn't brought my front carrier for Miles because I thought he would sleep in his carrier the whole time - boy was I wrong. He was hungry - 1 hour early! I couldn't calm him, and I didn't bring a bottle, and I wasn't wearing a breastfeeding friendly outfit. Oh dear!

Ok, y'all - you may not believe me, but I ended up in the handicapped dressing room of Target in my underwear, nursing. This is not a lie. I had my shopping cart in there with me and Carter was strapped into it - screaming. I was handing him candy, cars, juice, wipes, ANYTHING that would appease him while I tried to nurse his brother and then get the heck out of there!!!!

I promise that no matter what I post on this blog, I am not the perfect mother; I don't have it all together; I don't have it all figured out; and I struggle - just like you!

Now that I've given you a good laugh - and disturbing mental picture...I must go tend to my baby who is screaming because I put him down to eat lunch.

Some days are harder than others - luckily, we are going out of town this weekend, and I'll have all the help I need :-) Yay!

3 comments:

Sight Restored said...

Bahahaha! I just left a comment on your facebook, but I thought I would add to it once I saw this. I had nearly the same exact experience. I was in Target as well, in the handicap dressing room as well, dealing with Grant crying for almost 45 minutes straight. He cried all the time anyway, so if I was going to get some clothes to fit me I knew I just had to do it. It's not nearly as hard these days! :)

Kelly said...

HA!
I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm glad you documented it =)
Miss you guys!

Elizabeth and David said...

I love this one Carrie! Thanks for sharing the real days of motherhood. You are such a good Mommy! I toddler is enough to wrangle...I have my moments of giving Owen anything...suckers, stickers, straws..whatever to get through moments that I just need him to sit there (and I feel like I get those looks from people who don't have kids like what are you doing!) so managing another baby at the same time has got to be tricky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...